All prospective undergraduate students who will have a U.S. visa while studying at Carlow will need to submit the following documents to the Center for Global Learning:
1. Completed Carlow University International Application Form
2. Completed Carlow University Educational Summary Sheet
Your application will not be considered without this form. Please read the instructions carefully and use one line for each year of your education to date.
3. Official Academic Transcripts
(secondary and/or post-secondary)
Admission decisions cannot be made without official transcripts. These documents must come directly from your school/schools in sealed envelopes.
Student copies, scanned copies or photocopies are not acceptable. For some countries, other official test scores may be requested.
4. Proof of English Language Proficiency
This is required of all students. To show proficiency, you may submit one or more of the following:
- Official Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT) score.
You can get more information about SAT at http://www.sat.org. The Carlow school code is 2421.
- Official Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score.
You can get more information about TOEFL at http://www.toefl.org. The Carlow school code is 2421.
- Official academic transcripts showing that you have studied in the U.S. for a minimum of two years.
5. Notarized Affidavit of Support Form
This is required of all students who will have a U.S. visa except holders of H-4, J-2, and R-1 visas.
You may have several sponsors to cover the cost of your first academic year. If so, each sponsor must submit an affidavit for the amount pledged. Each affidavit must be submitted in the original; copies will not be accepted.
Each affidavit must be accompanied by official bank or employer’s statement and must show evidence that the amount pledged is available.
Bank statements should be no older than six months. Affidavits and bank statements must be submitted in the original.
Center for Global Learning
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213